Friday 5 June 2015

Rug hooking materials...

I have wanted to learn rug hooking for a while now and to design my own patterns.
I also want to use old cloths to hook with. I have found it difficult to find wool cloths in the charity shops so I thought I would try t-shirts.
I bought this pile from a charity shop
muted colours in stripes & floral


And cut them into strips
 
 
Then wound them onto some wooden spools I purchased many years ago and not got around to using in a craft project.
I have drawn my first design and I have some patterns coming from Lori of Not Forgotten Farm.
I haven’t cut all the t-shirts yet so when I have I will hook my design.
I will be back to let you know how I get on.
Bright Blessings from the Cabin xx

 


2 comments:

  1. When rug hooking with tshirts, it helps to cut them horizontal and pull the strips slightly so the edges roll over, I cut about 3/4" wide and they end up about 1/4" wide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you QuilterBee I will try that next time. Some of the t-shirts were thinker than others and they wouldn't roll when stretched but that might be to do with the direction I cut them in. I'm learning all the time ;o)

    ReplyDelete