Saturday 11 June 2016

I have been very busy...


 

In our garden. Painting our new Dutch barn style shed; refurbishing a long flower bed; preparing our greenhouse for my tomato and cucumber plants. In addition to this we painted the boundary fence, arbour and shed.

I will first share with you our Dutch barn. This style is not readily available here in the UK so I searched on line and found someone to build it for us, Sheds Unlimited in Hawkwell, Essex. We are so pleased with it and now it is painted it looks just how I pictured it.
Before

First coat, you can see how patchy it is. Though there was stain applied when it was built the wood still sucked up the first coat.

Second coat, still patchy, will need a third coat

It was still not quite right after the third coat, so the front and side you can see in this photo received a fourth coat. Especially as this corner of the garden gets very hot and it will be baked in the sunshine.

Here it is finished, complete with country cream trim.


I will bring you the progress of the flower bed tomorrow.

Bright  Blessings
Julie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment